In the past twelve weeks have had had six stories or as some would call “testimonies” about tithing!
Twelve weeks, six stories, amazing. As we wrap up I want us to remember all God has done, during this tithe challenge and in our lives.
- Remember God’s love.
- Remember his sacrifice on the cross to pay for our forgiveness.
- Remember all the ways he provides for us.
- Remember has He has given us – purpose, peace and eternal life.
- Remember His word and all it says about giving, tithing, contentment and money.
165 times God says, “Remember” in the bible. It’s so easy to forget and think, “What have you done for me lately!” If God never did anything else we can still be thankful for all eternity for salvation, for forgiveness, for His word that guides us and for all our past blessings. But the truth is He will not stop giving, providing, guiding, protecting and being God. But he does ask us to “remember” because there will be times we will wonder, “God are you there, God do you care?” To remember is to reflect back all He has done, and it’s a lot!
Lastly I want to say, thanks!
- Thanks so much for stepping out in faith.
- Thanks for testing God in this critical area of your spiritual life.
- Thanks for going for it! I know from talking to many of you that you were scared, nervous and apprehensive at first.
- Thanks for pushing through those initial feelings to a place of faith and trust in almighty God who is our provider.
- Thanks for seeking to be truly different in a world that is characterized by such selfishness.
George Bernard Shaw said, “This is the true joy in life: being used for a mighty purpose, instead of a feverish, selfish little clod of ailments and grievances complaining that the world will not devote itself to making you happy. Life is no brief candle. It’s a splendid torch which I hold for the moment and I want to make it burn as brightly as possible before handing it on to future generations.”
Keep burning brightly! Darrell
Tithe online at www.ridgefellowship.com