In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth. Now the earth was formless and empty, darkness was over the surface of the deep, and the Spirit of God was hovering over the waters. And God said, “Let there be light,” and there was light. God saw that the light was good, and he separated the light from the darkness. God called the light “day,” and the darkness he called “night.” And there was evening, and there was morning –the first day. And God said, “Let there be an expanse between the waters to separate water from water.” So God made the expanse and separated the water under the expanse from the water above it. And it was so. God called the expanse “sky.” And there was evening, and there was morning –the second day. And God said, “Let the water under the sky be gathered to one place, and let dry ground appear.” And it was so. God called the dry ground “land,” and the gathered waters he called “seas.” And God saw that it was good. Genesis 1:1-10
“What Happens Outside the Bedroom Affects What Happens Inside the Bedroom”
What comes to mind when you think about the characteristics of God? Some people would respond, “God is holy.” Others might say, “God is all-powerful.” And still others would say, “God is all-knowing.”
While all of those are true characteristics of God that we should admire and imitate, there is one characteristic that we often forget: creativity.
We have heard so much about God being the creator that it is easy to ignore the implications of that fact. That He is ultimately creative.
Take some time to think about what you just read. God took the time to creatively design everything. He thought about the vast array of scenery and spoke the multitude of the earth’s inhabitants into existence. He was creative in what he designed and how he designed it.
As you continue through this week, use God’s example to be creative in how you relate to him. Realize that because you are made in the image of the most creative Creator, He has given you the ability to be creative in connecting with Him.
Answer The Following
- What are some creative things you can do to improve your connection with God and others?
- In what areas of your life could you enhance your creativity?
- How do you think creativity could have a positive effect on your potential dating relationships and general relationships?
- Get creative in your time with God this week. Detach from your normal surroundings. Look for new places to go and pray. Pray out loud. Write your prayers down. Or simply take a daily walk to see things in a new perspective.
- Read the Introduction on pages 1-10 of Sexperiment book.
To download the PDF, click below,
For more about the Sex series or to sign up for a Sexperiment Growth Group go to www.RidgeFellowship.com