- 76% of Americans are living paycheck to paycheck (CNN Money).
- The average American is spending $1.22 for every dollar they earn (Dave Ramsey) The average American household’s credit card debt is $15,950. (CNN Money)
Is that you? If so, how do you Live Drama Free with your finances?
“Plan carefully and you will have plenty. If you act too quickly, you will never have enough.” Proverbs 21:5
Have you ever said, “I just don’t know where all my money goes”?
It’s a warning light that says to you need a financial plan to determine where your money is going instead of wondering where it went. God says that you need to have a financial plan.
Do you ever struggle with your kids at the store, because they want to buy everything? I have learned to tell them before I go in, “we are buying ___& ____ and that’s it!’ As parents it’s our job to teach our kids they can’t have everything. Let me ask you, what can stop adults from trying to buy everything? Its like we need someone to slap us on the hand to say, “No! You can’t buy that!” Who does that for adults? I’ll tell you. It’s a spending plan. How do you break the habit of impulsive buying? You have to nip it in the budget! A budget is simply planning your spending.
Do you have a plan to get out of debt? Its so easy to get in debt these days but how will you get out?
We are excited to offer the following resources:
- Downloadable Spending Plans(Budgets) to choose from several on this blog, click here
- Financial Peace University: We are excited to announce at The Ridge we are offering Dave Ramsay’s Financial Peace this semester in our Growth Groups! Financial Peace is 9 week DVD format with a work book led by an FPU alumni that will walk you through how to budget, how to get out of debt, how to save, and how to plan for the future. It meets on Thursday’s in Georgetown. The class is free but the workbook has a cost. Here are the dates: September 24, October 1, 8, 15, 29, November 5, 12, 19
- To sign up for Financial Peace at The Ridge in Georgetown, click here. Scroll down until you see “Dave Ramsay’s Financial Peace”
- For more information about Dave Ramsay or to purchase group material, click here.
- Free Financial Counseling. Just mark on your Connection Card in any Sunday Service and someone will contact you to help you go over a budget, develop a plan to get out of debt or whatever needs you may have.
I’m excited about what God will do in people’s finances this fall.
For more about our Drama Free Series or Fall Growth Groups go to