God has blessed me with more than I need.
The reason I don’t feel wealthy is that I often compare myself to others who have more. How about you?
To be fair, we need to compare what we have to the rest of the world.
Did you know that…
- More than 3 billion people, close to half the world’s population, live on less than $2 a day.
- 1.3 billion people live on $1 or less per day.
- In comparison, the average American earns from 46 to 92 times more than over half the world’s population.
According the US Census Bureau:
- Leander’s median household income is $68,4078
- Cedar Park’s median household income is $67,878
- The median household income for the US is $52,175
If you make the average household income of Leaner TX which is $68,000, you are in the top 0.86 richest people in the world!
Do you feel blessed now? I do!
The stats comparing our wealth as American’s to the rest of the world are numerous, but here are a couple more…
- 92% of the world’s population does NOT own a car.
- 89% of American households own more than one car.
One source I read said “North Americans, by many measures, are the most successful people the world has ever known.”
I used to think that when the Bible was talking about the wealthy, it was talking about people who have more than I have. Now, I know that I am wealthy.
When the Bible is speaking about the wealthy, it is speaking to me.
Command those who are rich in this present world not to be arrogant nor to put their hope in wealth, which is so uncertain, but to put their hope in God, who richly provides us with everything for our enjoyment. Command them to do good, to be rich in good deeds, and to be generous and willing to share. In this way they will lay up treasure for themselves as a firm foundation for the coming age, so that they may take hold of the life that is truly life. 1 Timothy 6:17-19
For more about the series, “In God We Trust” check out www.ridgefellowship.com
Hey there! I’ve been reading your blog for a while now and finally got
the courage to go ahead and give you a shout out from Austin Tx!
Just wanted to say keep up the great work!