For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife, and they will become one flesh. Genesis 2:24
“THE MATH OF MARRIAGE IS 1+1=1”
In the passage above, we read about God’s desire for husband and wife to “become one flesh.” That word “become” insinuates a process. You don’t meet Mr. Right or
Ms. Perfect one day and all of a sudden you are one flesh. The process of becoming
one flesh is a lifelong pursuit in marriage that takes constant commitment, intimacy, and connection from both people.
Whether you have been married for 5 days, 5 years or 5 decades, your marriage takes work. Becoming one flesh with your spouse requires intentional effort and energy. So enjoy this week of the 7 Day Sex Challenge and use it as a launching pad to start (or continue) your process of becoming one flesh.
Make your time together this week the top priority. Each morning, pray for God to reveal to you ways you can show your spouse just how much becoming one flesh means to you. And look for ways to place priority on sex by rearranging your schedule or even saying no to some other things that present themselves.
Remember, this week is all about strengthening your marriage. Use each day to build a strong connection and bond together.
DISCUSS THE FOLLOWING
- List some areas of your relationship where you regularly feel united with your spouse.
- List some areas that have taken time for you to feel united.
- Ask each other, “When conflict arises what is the best way for me to communicate with you my desire to be unified and for us to be reconciled?”
- Take the necessary measures to clear up any lingering friction between you, or at least agree that past issues will not be allowed to interfere with your sexperiment.
- Read the section What’s Your Marital Work Ethic (MWE)? on pages 15-18 of Sexperiment book.
Read about additional action steps in this area of your marriage on pages 31-32 of Sexperiment book.
To download the PDF, click below:
Visit www.TheSexperiment.com for more information about The Sexperiment
For more about the Sex series or to sign up for a Sexperiment Growth Group go to www.RidgeFellowship.com