DAY 1 – DIVINITY
“SEX IS VERTICAL BEFORE IT’S HORIZONAL”
We live in a very couples-driven culture. Seems everything is tailored for two: roller coasters, the smallest restaurant table is set for two, just to name…two. So many people hook up with others for the sake of not being alone. We have been wired to believe that happiness is found in finding someone else, and we are often pressured to find someone to “complete” us.
One of the most common deceptions about the single life is that it is not as fulfilling or rewarding as married life. Many people go through life believing they will never be happy until they are married. But don’t fall for that lie.
If you are desperately seeking the secret of contentment, you will find exactly what you need in one place—Jesus Christ. Jesus wants to fill those lonely areas in your life with something much more powerful than any human connection. He wants to fill them with supernatural contentment. Once you have a Christ centered life God will bring you into relationship with many Christ centered people when you choose to get connected in the local Church. Don’t rely on a man or woman to fill a void that only God can fill.
Enjoy being single! Find comfort in the fact that Jesus was single for his entire life.
He faced the same temptations that you face today; yet, he remained faithful to God’s plan for his life and found supernatural contentment in being single. You can too.
ANSWER THE FOLLOWING
- What are some of the advantages you experience from being single?
- What are you doing today to connect with others who share your character and Godly standards?
- What is something you need to change so that you can find more fulfillment in being single?
- Think of one thing you can do in the next 24 hours that you couldn’t do if you were not single and enjoy it.
- Read the section Before You Do on pages 32-33 of Sexperiment book
To download the PDF click below:
For more about the Sex series, to sign up for a Sexperiment Growth Group go to www.RidgeFellowship.com